Friday, May 10, 2013

A Mother's Day Dare...

I recently read another blog about the Mother's Day Dare. I came across it after searching if it was appropriate for a new spouse to say Happy Mothers Day to an Ex-wife.

In this blog, the writer dared you whether you are the ex or new wife to give each other Happy Mothers Day and offer a KISS (keep it simple silly) thank you.

This really got me to thinking. You extend a hand of openness not even questioning how its received, who does it benefit? The kids. Who regardless of how you feel should be a huge priority after your commitment as a couple. If you didn't think about the kids in your equation, I challenge you are in the relationship for for the wrong reasons.  It allows God to work in your life. You are treating the other person how he would treat you. It's his grace in action.  

The kids already sent their mom a card, so I sent a text today on blind faith. Guess what? We've been talking. She in turn told me Happy Mothers Day and told me she appreciates me loving her boys. 

I challenge you to take the dare. Put your children first and with good intentions. You might be surprised how you are blessed in return.  

You don't have to be best friends, but you do owe it to your kids to co-parent in a respectable way. She did go through the labor of birth, she's owed some respect for that. Otherwise, you wouldn't be in the position you are in. 

Aunt Francis always said find one thing in everybody you meet, to love and see beautiful.

Happy Mother's Day to ALL mothers, in whatever capacity you serve. They are our future.