Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Love like only a 4 year old can.

My family is the definition of big love. We are the first to fight with each other, the first to whoop some behind if an outsider dare does it.  It's child like love. So fierce, nothing can stop it.

Last night, while at the ball park, my youngest showed me he is mine. Another kid about 2 years older than him said he hated me. There was no reason for said words. Brayden quickly came to tell me what the other kid said, then told me he was going to get that kid. I tried to explain to him that it didn't matter what anyone else said; as long as he loved me that was all that mattered. Nope those were empty words with him, he took off running enlisting the help of his older brother.

As I'm running behind him, scared of what was fixin to go down I couldn't help but be proud. That kid loves me, really loves me. I finally caught him as he was throwing the first punch. That kid can run fast with those little legs. I then explained, again,  all that matters is he loves me.

More times than not, I love like a 4 year old. I react first, then think about my actions. Nobody messes with my family, no one. I'll go deep in the dirt to defend any last one of them. I might get mad at them, but don't you dare.