Monday, August 12, 2013

It just got real...

A boy I use to babysit, made a big commitment and moved in with a girl he's been seeing for 10 months. He posted about it today on Facebook. He said there are adjustment periods of really seeing each other for what they are.

Got me to thinking about my own marriage, Kendall and I use to live 500 miles apart. Our cell phones were how we bonded, we talked about day to day life, but not always the down and dirty. We talked about things that kept us tied to each other from 7 am to 11 pm. I'd send him pictures of when I looked really good, or particularly sexy.

Now that we are married for 5 months, I look back and it has been a huge adjustment. We are living together what we use to talk about, but now stuff has gotten real. 

We have to figure out bills, kids, and work, we don't get to just play and tease. It's all real.  Somehow even through the struggles of real life, when I'm particularly low I can sit here and think about why we fell in love, our first date, which was extravagant, how we spent 3 days together holding hands, truly enjoying each other.  The way his eyes light up and he smiles when talking about the kids, the way he blushes when I flirt with him..the real stuff doesn't seem so overwhelming.

Life is a game of money, it's all about how well you play the game and the people you have on your team. My husband is the best man for the job, he's my rock and the one person I know I can count on to be there at the end of the day.  I don't want to play this game without him.