Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Yuppy strikes again...

Recently my son’s car broke down.  My husband and I had to go to town with the car hauler so we could bring it out to the farm to fix it.  Let me tell you, we had a time getting that car on the trailer.  First, it wouldn’t even stay started so my husband would reload the ramps, turn around to jump it, turn back around and put the ramps down again only to have it die before getting to the ramps.  We did this a few times.  My husband’s vocabulary remained very peaceful, it was a little surprising.  


When we finally started to get the car on the trailer, my husband said he needed more weight on the pickup.  So I ran to the pickup jumped up on back and stood there waiting for directions. After losing 125 pounds I was noticing the truck didn’t go down as far as it used to, so I wasn’t sure I was going to be much help.  My husband yells, YUPPY! I was confused what I had done wrong this time.  


Apparently needing more weight on the pickup means you need to be far enough up on the trailer that the back of the pickup starts to squat from the weight.  This keeps your trailer for swaying and getting out of control going down the highway.  


There are times I think I’m here merely for my husband’sentertainment value as a yuppy. With much to learn about life still, he should have a lot more laughs coming his way.  All I can do when he tells the story laughing so hard is smile.  I brought a bit of funny happiness to his day that day, and that’s a lot to be thankful for.